Monday, May 3, 2010

Upcoming recipes

Unfortunately due to school, work, etc. brew days have taken a backseat. Tom and I have one planned coming up. I have a free weekend this weekend and will try something ridiculous. Tom wants to do a traditional German hefeweizen with agave. Sounds awesome. While researching recipe ideas, I came up with an idea for a Weizenbock, American style.

I'll use the German wheat extract, but use some bock style grains in the early stages. Instead of Hallertau and Tettenger hops, I'll use Amarillo. And I'll add agave syrup for flavor. The preliminary name of this beer will be Special Brew, OG 1.070, in honor of Arizona SB 1070. Yep, immigrant recipes and ingredients, made domestically (except for the agave and German grains/extracts). I'll probably go over the 1.070 OG (Original Gangsta (I'm looking at you, Sheriff Joe)) since I plan on using about 8-9 lbs. of malt extract, plus the agave syrup. It will be a dark, foreign flavored beer, that if profiled, I will remove the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment